You will be subject to a full check on character and suitability when you apply for admission as a solicitor with the SRA, after completing the SQE assessments and your qualifying work experience. If you are aware of anything which might prevent you from meeting the SRA requirements and would like an early check on any character and suitability issue you can contact the SRA for further advice.
Articles in this section
- I have a non-UK degree, but I am not a foreign qualified lawyer. Can I still qualify through the SQE?
- I have some doubts whether I meet the eligibility criteria due to some issues in my background. What should I do?
- Am I eligible to take the SQE assessments?
- What about candidates who have started the qualifying law degree (QLD), CPE, LPC or a period of recognised training?
- I am a foreign qualified lawyer – can I take the SQE?