SQE Stage 1 comprises two separate assessments which test functioning legal knowledge in a practical context. Each test includes 180 questions in a multiple choice format. One of the keys to success in a multiple choice test, is to practice as many sample questions as possible. While past exams are not available, our mock tests for both parts of the functioning legal knowledge exams will give you a good indication of what you might expect to see in the formal assessments. The mock tests will also help you to determine the level of thinking and the degree of difference between incorrect and correct responses
So, what is included in our preparation course for SQE1?
- 18 comprehensive textbooks offered in a hard copy format and delivered by special courier – the textbooks contain over 3,000 pages in total, and cover all areas of practice required by the SRA in SQE1
- SQE Course Handbook explaining the fundamentals of the assessments, structure of the course programme, suggested study guide and test administration procedures
- More than 2,500 multiple choice practice questions with detailed solutions
- SQE video library of 200+ online tutorials available to view on a computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. These include professional presentations and 60+ hours of lectures
- 5,000+ digital flashcards – short questions and answers on each of the topics covered by the syllabus. The flash cards are organised in accordance with the specific topics for each area, so you can focus only on the areas of difficulty rather than revisiting material you are already comfortable with.
- Revision notes summarising the key points and main legal principles on each subject
- 30 mock tests (90 questions each) which will enable you to monitor your progress through simulated tests, with intermingled questions and a time limit similar to the formal test.
- Periodic updates for the course materials.
- Personal consultation with a tutor to identify your knowledge, experience, time commitment and study needs. You will then receive a personalised initial study plan, tailor-made to get you started quickly and smoothly and guide you in your preparation.
- Two hours of tutor support – our tutors will answer any questions you may have about the material during your studies. The communication with the tutors will be available via email, Skype or a phone call, subject to requirements.
Check our website to ger free sample materials for SQE1, including one full mock test with 180 questions.